Puppychao: Sushi Raku - Agoura

Friday, April 04, 2008

Sushi Raku - Agoura

My first visit to Sushi Raku last night. I guess this place has been open for a couple of years. I've been seeing ads in the local mailers, so I decided to check it out.

As I entered I noticed the flat screen tv's. They were not as obtrusive as one might think. I was seated at the sushi bar in front Sushi Chef Peter. The bar seats approximately 15 people. There are several booths as well. The decor was nice, kind of contemporary Japanese.

A couple of the specials were Live Scallop and Live Mirugai. Here is a list of nigiri I had: Japanese Scallop, Japanese Mackerel, Spanish Mackerel, Hamachi Toro, Ono, and Unagi. I also had an order of the Green Mussels. All of the fish was fresh, the Spanish Mackerel was a bit more fish then I've had before. The Ono and Japanese Mackerel were really good. The serving sizes were pretty big, almost too big, but who's complaining.

Sushi Raku might be my new local spot. Sushi Agoura has dropped a bit lately in my book. Next time I go, I'll take pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home